A Room In Fitler Sq

I occasionally get a call from the wonderful interior designers at Kaminski + Pew  to work on one of their projects.  They are doing a full interior design of this bedroom in the Fitler Square area of the city.  I usually come first, so I don’t get to see the final results, but this one is going to be great.

They are doing something different here.  We took this white room full of holes and cracks…

Then we added 2 gray tones.  The walls became the warm Agreeable Gray in a matte finish. All of the trim, doors, and woodwork became the darker and more beige Mindful Gray in a semi-gloss finish.

It is a stunning look that I’m sure will be complete with the new furniture and wall hangings.  I’m happy to be a part of this project.


You move into a house and get comfortable.  Things age and/or go wrong, but it doesn’t matter.  It’s your house, and you live there.  25 years go by and you realize that it’s time to do something about your house.  So, you call me.  We bring the fountain of youth.

It started with the exterior.  After 2 days of scraping, replacing rotten wood, priming, caulking, wood filling, and painting, life is returned to the basement windows and front door.

Then we moved into the bathroom.  Paint was peeling off the walls, and it was a drab white.  Sorry for the out of focus photo, but it still shows the difference.

The next project was the hallway and stairs.  We did the ceiling, walls, trim, risers, and treads

The most challenging section of this house was the kitchen.  There was an old leak in the ceiling, the walls were in bad shape, there was “new” drywall that needed to be re-coated with joint compound, and the kitchen cabinets were a mess. Wee took care of all of it.

We work in new construction to just add quality paint with color,  we just change the color as the homeowner redecorates,  we get a house ready for sale, we work for general contractors to finish their work, and sometimes we bring a house back to life.  This one was a great transformation.

Wallpaper and Drywall in Fishtown

During the previous 3 years of living in his house, this homeowner did quite a bit of work in the rehabilitation process.  This included resetting the stairs, electrical work, and other structural issues.  It became time to start working on the cosmetic work.  That is when he called us in.

The dining room was covered in wallpaper, which we removed.  A section of the plaster had to be removed to allow for plumbing and electrical to be run, so we repaired that.  After all of the repairs, we painted the ceilings, walls, and trim. All of the walls were painted with Cashmere line of Sherwin-Williams paints in the low-luster finish.

The living room had a drop ceiling before the homeowner added the new overhead lights.  So, we installed new drywall to the ceiling, removed the paper, and painted the ceiling, walls, and trim.  He chose Gossamer Veil for the walls.

We also had to remove the paper and all drywall to the vestibule. We painted it Folkstone.

The homeowner did some wallpaper removal in the bedrooms, but he saved one for us.  We painted this one in Sedate Gray.

Finally, we removed the paper from the ceiling & walls in the 3 story stairwell and hallways.  This paper was very difficult to remove, but we made it happen.  We also painted this in Sedate Gray.